[LMB] Never thought I'd see THIS coming out of CERN

Bear Master bearmaster0 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 17:23:09 BST 2011

On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 5:45 AM, baur <baur at chello.at> wrote:

> Bear Master wrote:
>

>> 0.0028% faster than light. Would reach Alpha Centauri about 2 hours faster
>> than a radio wave.
>>

> i agree that this is not much .. but IF it is true the the light speed
> limit is broken nevertheless - and once the principle is broken who knows
> what will follow ..?

I agree, we have a potential flying elephant here, I'm not criticizing it
for having a low air speed!  I'm just amazed that the instruments are
sensitive enough to detect something that small.  But if I understand what
you quoted above the limits on the insturments are about 12% of this?  (I
think that's what "± 0.30 (sys.)" means.)

If neutrinos are superluminal, even 0.0028 percent superluminal, even three
parts in a hundred thousand superliminal, It's a whole new world!