[LMB] More attitudes to women in society

Bear Master bearmaster0 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 18:00:25 BST 2011

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 5:42 PM, Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net> wrote:

> On Sep 21, 2011, at 5:25 PM, Peter Granzeau wrote:
>
> > Screws, unfortunately, are all right handed.
>

> Unscrewing a screw is often a tougher task than screwing.   I'm not sure
> which is "right handed", screwing or unscrewing.   But whichever is right
> handed, the other would be left handed.
>
> How about unscrewing a lid from a jar?   Which handedness has the advantage
> there?   (I don't unscrew the lid from the jar, I unscrew the jar from the
> lid)

Standard screws "righty tighty, lefty loosee."

I hold the lid of a jar in my left hand, immobile (I hope), and unscrew the
jar with my right.

Getting into the middle of this, has anyone mentioned yet how lefthanders
are overepresented in law enforcement?  Police, lawyers, criminals, all have
more left-handers than the general population.

Gay men seem more likely than average to be left handed too.  But I
don't recall that I have ever met a left handed Lesbian.

For the record, I'm a right-handed Gay male (who worked for the Sherriff's
department for six months).