[LMB] OT: HANDEDNESS

Hilary Powers hilary at powersedit.com
Sat Sep 24 19:50:19 BST 2011

On 9/24/2011 9:31 AM, Thomas C Vinson wrote:
> Hilary Powers:
>> When I was fighting in the Society for Creative Anachronism,
>> it was a delight to enter tournaments with one hand, and
>> switch to the other for the melees....
>
> Can't help hearing Dread Pirate Roberts, "I'm not left-handed
> either".

Snork. It does have that effect - though SCA-style fights rarely last
long enough for switching hands midstream. I did switch midway through
my first tournament and neatly one-shotted someone, leaving the field to
a chorus of the guy's alleged friends singing out his name and "Which
hand was she using?!?"

--
-       Hilary Powers - hilary at powersedit.com - Oakland CA        -
-        Freelance copyediting and developmental editing          -