[LMB] OT: HANDEDNESS

Alexandra Haropulos aharo at erols.com
Sun Sep 25 01:29:16 BST 2011

On Sep 22, 2011, at 3:24 AM, John Hallam wrote:

>   However, I noticed to my surprise a year or so back that the foot
> controls are always in the same order, irrespective of the handedness
> of the vehicle: for stick shifts, they go clutch, brake, accelerator
> from left to right.  Interesting...  Is it really harder to learn
> mirrored foot skills in the separate contexts than mirrored hand

I drive two-footed (which seems to mean I will never be able to use a
clutch. Started doing it because I had an iffy engine (ever been driving
down the road and noticed your engine is *too quiet*?). Tried to switch
back later and almost killed myself.

I am slightly right-brained. Wonder if this makes a difference...

Alex H