[LMB] OT: verging on forbidden territory: GOP attitudes about science

Judy R. Johnson jrj at fidalgo.net
Mon Sep 26 00:16:13 BST 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: snip
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2011 5:30 AM
To: Judy R. Johnson
Subject: RE: [LMB] OT: verging on forbidden territory: GOP attitudes about
science

Hi Judy

Thanks for sharing.  Really fascinating and esoteric.

I think there is the probability of free will, but the conditions aren't
known.

In real life free will is mediated not only by the mind and brain but also
such things as knowledge.  For example, cro magnon might have wanted to
blast a mountain out of the way instead of having to walk a
1000 km detour to go around it but it took many experiments/discoveries and
gradual development of knowledge to arrive at explosives that may actually
blast a mountain out of the way.