[LMB] Lois-Bujold Digest, Vol 76, Issue 90

elizabeth at cheztaft.demon.co.uk elizabeth at cheztaft.demon.co.uk
Mon Sep 26 07:32:30 BST 2011

Iestyn wrote
>Interesting: my experience (first generation Australian of
>Scots/Welsh heritage) reverses that. Our Fudge is a crumbly texture,
>while the Tablet, or Scottish Tablet is a soft very sweet light
>colored substance imported from Scottish makers.

Pity you couldn't have been in Calgary with us, it would have made for an interesting conversation between the Scots, the Welsh and the Scottish Welsh.

The best tablet sort of crumbles and dissolves in the mouth. It's harder than fudge but not brittle. When I find a good supplier once I get home I'll send you a sample and you can let me know what you think.

Elizabeth