[LMB] OT: tablet (fudge)

Katherine Collett kcollett at hamilton.edu
Mon Sep 26 22:42:45 BST 2011

On Sep 26, 2011, at 6:32 AM, Jill Tallman wrote:

> [...]

Or you can make it from scratch--well, from cans of condensed milk anyway (the concept of taking condensed milk and adding sugar is a bit mind-boggling, but it really does work).  There are recipes on the web: http://www.scruss.com/tablet.html (with photos of each stage), for instance, or http://britishfood.about.com/od/scottishregionalrecipes/r/tablet.htm .  We've made it; the crucial thing seems to be to keep beating the mixture vigorously after you take it off the heat, before pouring it into the baking tray.  It is very delicious.

Katherine