[LMB] I never thought I'd see THIS come out of CERN

Karen Hunt huntkc at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 21:23:40 BST 2011

Sort of.  Directionality that I know of consists of:  "Do you get less
when the rest of the earth is between you and the presumed neutrino
source?"

On the other hand, it's been many a year since I was involved in
neutrino detectors, so if the technology's better than I know about,
there's no big surprise.

Regarding timing, when the supernova was seen, they did go looking for
past events, but I really doubt they went back months, since they
weren't expecting that to be the correct timeline.  (Of course, the
fact that there was a burst seen when they thought there'd be one
suggests pretty strongly that those neutrinos were in fact the ones
for the supernova....)

Karen Hunt