[LMB] I never thought I'd see THIS come out of CERN

phoenix at ugcs.caltech.edu phoenix at ugcs.caltech.edu
Tue Sep 27 22:41:45 BST 2011

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 10:00:32AM -0500, Ed Burkhead wrote:

> Referring to neutrinos from supernova, are there any neutrino detectors that
> have directional ability?

No.  But if we scale up the current 'finding', the neutrinos would have
been 4 years early, predating Kamiokande.  OTOH, two other detectors
were functioning, and I'm sure they have their data; perhaps someone is
looking right now for surprise early peaks.  Or maybe they'd already
known about strange peaks not associated with anything.

-xx- Damien X-)