[LMB] Weather, seasons, etc (was Typos)

Jacki Knight jacki at knightech.com.au
Wed Sep 28 11:27:38 BST 2011

On 28/07/2011, at 11:23 PM, Cheryl Howie wrote:
> The thought of living with Australian wildlife freaks me out.  You
> guys have all kinds of
> deadly beasts, and half of them are small enough to fit into nooks
> and crannies.  The
> only thing that can kill me up here is a black bear, and they can't
> hide in my shoes!!
>
> It's all what you're familiar with I guess.

Indeed.

Even living in the 'bush capital' (as I do), you're more likely to get
killed in a car crash than by just about anything else.

Yes, redbacks (black widows) and trapdoors are nasty but unless you're
very young, not fatal. And you don't just wander around in bushland
without taking the same basic anti-snake precautions you'd take
anywhere else in the world. Same with going into the sea - don't tell
me you guys don't take normal precautions about that.

Really, we're quite urbanised around the edges of the country - at
least the high population areas, anyway.

Jacki in Canberra - who lives quite near a zoo that does the whole
animal close-up thing