[LMB] Weather, seasons, etc (was Typos)

beatrice_otter at haugensgalleri.com beatrice_otter at haugensgalleri.com
Wed Sep 28 14:18:28 BST 2011

I come from an outdoorsy family, and we live in Oregon.  There are no
poisonous snakes or spiders on land, nor anything dangerous like jellyfish
in the sea.  On land, you worry about people knowing where you are so they
can send out the search party if you get lost, and carrying enough
food/water.  At sea, you worry about sneaker waves and drowning.  That's
about it.  (Of course, having some of the most dangerous coastline and
tides in the US--we're where they send the coast guard to train--that
requires constant vigilance, but it's not about looking out for critters.)

Beatrice Otter