[LMB] Weather, seasons, etc

adkinslawfirm at mindspring.com adkinslawfirm at mindspring.com
Wed Sep 28 16:46:43 BST 2011

Cheryl Howie is concerned about deadly Australian critters & relieved that black bears can't hide in her shoes.

Australia isn't the only one with deadly small critters.  Fellow local listie Dawn Benton & I went to a meeting of a local sf club [the first time for me; she's a regular].  One of the ladies there had been asleep in her own bed with, as she said, "my husband and my dog", when she awoke in pain, having been bitten by a brown recluse spider.  She kindly showed me the large scar on her thigh.  The surgery had to cut 5 cm deep to remove all the necrosis; it was back in March, & she's still barely hobbling around.  Eek!

Jerrie, not feeling *that* reclusive, thank you.