[LMB] Weather, seasons, etc (was Typos)

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Thu Sep 29 05:40:01 BST 2011

On Sep 28, 2011, at 9:30 PM, I wrote:
> At 02:23 PM 9/29/2011, A. Marina Fournier wrote:
>> On Sep 28, 2011, at 11:36 AM, Dusty Jackson wrote:
>>
>> > , stay away from river mouths,
>>
>> this one I don't get
>
> Sharks come upriver.

Ah, didn't know that-don't think they come into SF Bay, unlike lost young grey? whales.

>> > and never swim close to where birds are working
>>
>> because they might decide you're a threat?
>
> Sea fishers both drop "chum" and work areas with schools of fish: so do predators like sharks.

It doesn't seem to matter with sharks or orcas whether the human is clad in an all black wetsuit (seals! sea lions!) or brightly colored suits (bright fishies!). There have been surfers around here who have managed to beat on/up the shark attacking (him, usually him), but not every attack victim can do this.

A. Marina Fournier
SaffronRose at me.com
The religious persecution of the ages has been done under what was claimed to be the command of God. I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice that it always coincides with their own desires.

Susan B. Anthony (1820-1906) American reformer
Address to National American Woman Suffrage Association, Washington (23-28 Jan 1896)