[LMB] Weather, seasons, etc (was Typos)

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Thu Sep 29 06:20:43 BST 2011

On Sep 28, 2011, at 12:37 PM, John Hallam wrote:
>  If you come from the Channel Islands, as I do, normal precautions
> include knowing whether the tide is coming in or going out and roughly
> where its 6-12 metre inter-tidal range fits on the current piece of
> coastline...

Jersey or Guernsey?
It took me a minute to realize you didn't mean the California Channel Islands. I know Catalina is inhabited, not sure about the others, but don't know of anyone *from* there.

A. Marina Fournier
SaffronRose at me.com
A print addict is a man who reads in elevators. People occasionally look at me curiously when they see me standing there, reading a paragraph or two as the elevator goes up. To me, it’s curious that there are people who do not read in elevators. What can they be thinking about?

Robert Fulford (b. 1932) Canadian journalist, magazine editor, essayist
“The Pastimes of a Print Addict”