[LMB] Weather, seasons, etc (was Typos)

I iosef at gothic.net.au
Thu Sep 29 08:35:58 BST 2011

At 02:25 PM 9/29/2011, A. Marina Fournier wrote:
>On Sep 28, 2011, at 1:09 PM, I wrote:
> > Now you know why the sting rays get so grumpy.
>Okay, I have to ask--what *does* a grumpy sting ray look/act like?

Ask Steve Irwin......  Sting rays are not really a big danger as long
as you don't start hassling them. The "Crocodile Hunter" wasn't the
sharpest stick in the box however.

While we may either play up or down play the dangers of the local
Flora and Fauna, we lose an average of a little over 230 tourists
every year to environmental hazards including the occasional
backpacker who thinks that "going Walkabout" without training or
equipment sounds "romantic". On the other hand, we have very little
snow, less avalanches, and very few BIG mountains. On the other hand,
probably the least dangerous creature is the Wombat: a marsupial so
densely muscled that a two foot long one can break the front axle of
an 18 wheel truck if they hit it. Once described as a Moose
compressed into the size of a shoe box, they have been known to push
over saplings rather than go around. Their claws are designed for
digging however....

Iestyn