[LMB] Avoiding snakes (was: Weather, seasons, etc)

Cheryl Howie agentmtl at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 29 16:10:38 BST 2011

Well, sure.  I take precautions when I walk anywhere.  Just not against snakes, since we don't
have any!

I watch for cars when I'm on the road, I dress warmly in winter, I take water and inform friends
when I'm hiking...  I was responding to the comment that one 'takes the same snake precautions
as anywhere in the world'.  For me, that would be: 0.  No snakes = no precautions against 'em.
I'm addressing the assumption that all places are the same.  I'll bet most Aussies don't worry about
dressing in layers so that they're warm standing at the bus stop in -25C, but can take something off
once they get into the heated bus/metro.  For me, this is normal.  I don't think about it.

For Miles, he makes sure he doesn't have his al fresco assignations amongst some love-lies-itching.

It's all what you're used to...

/Cheryl