[LMB] Weather, seasons, etc (was Typos)

Tel teldreaming at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 07:13:40 BST 2011

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 2:07 PM, Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net> wrote:

> On Sep 28, 2011, at 9:29 AM, Cheryl Howie wrote:
>
>> Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 20:27:38 +1000 From: Jacki Knight <jacki at knightech.com.au>
>>> And you don't just wander around in bushland
>> without taking the same basic anti-snake precautions you'd take
>> anywhere else in the world.
>>
>> Er... none?
>>
>> No poisonous snakes native to the Montreal area.  :-)
>>
>> /Cheryl
>
> I've never taken special precautions anywhere I've lived in.   I keep my eyes open.   I guess if I lived in a bayou, I wouldn't go swimming.    But I don't cut across a field with bulls in it either, nor cross highways with cars moving on them.

As a small child, it would have been helpful if people had explained
that you needed to look out for different bad things in the woods in
different places. It would definitely have saved me a lot of
embarrassment when I ID'd the loud mystery threat in the woods at my
grandfather's place in Florida as a bear.

(rattlesnake, actually. We ate it)

-Tel