[LMB] ANZAC Marching was Great Big Sea and Barrayar

Raye Johnsen raye_j at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 30 10:08:06 BST 2011

From: Aruvqan Myers <aruvqan at gmail.com>

> Hm, would they let a yank join? Rob comes equipped with his own uniforms and
> medals but would be marching for my Da ...

You'd have to check with the local RSL (Returned Serviceman's League) for the area you'd like to march in.  However, I believe that your Da would have had to have been seconded to, served with or a member of an Australian unit for you or Rob to march - the public don't march, it is for the Australian armed forces, the war veterans and their representatives only. Also, if Rob has his own alignment, the RSL would encourage you as the direct descendant, rather than him as the son-in-law, to participate as your Da's representative - being in a wheelchair is not considered a barrier, the march includes people in wheelchairs and many veterans 'march' in open cars (including my own eighty-something grandmother).

Raye

raye_j at yahoo.com
http://windtear.livejournal.com
http://www.thejohnsens.com/index.html

I believe in dragons, unicorns, good men
and other mythical creatures.