[LMB] cover art for Ivan

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 3 02:44:27 BST 2012

> From: Lois McMaster Bujold lbujold at myinfmail.com
> Ah ha!
>
> The cover for _Captain Vorpatril's Alliance_ just turned up on its
> Amazon page -- my first preview of same.
>
> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/1451638450/ref=dp_image_z_0?ie=UTF8&n=283155&s=books
>
> It's hard to tell much at this size, but at a guess it looks like it's
> an SFnal cityscape by the same artist who did the cover art for
> _CryoBurn_.  (Publishers go for a "series look" when they can, to aid
> reader recognition.)
>
> Very well painted, a trifle... mm... noncommittal as to the book's
> contents.  Just like Ivan himself, in a way.
>
> (For those who are wondering, I've described the book's tone as
> "romantic comedy with added caper".)
>
> I should be able to get a better scan in a day or two and post it to my
> blog, at which time I'll post another link.
>
> B&N don't seem to have the book listed yet, which, this far out from
> publication (November 6th) is no surprise.  I'm sure they'll have it in
> a few more weeks.

Ok, they've made a smart decision - vaguely sf art, and just use large
text to fill most of the cover. It only needs Bujold on it, anyway. Compared
to some Baen covers, it's not bad. (Although I'd love to have seen Ivan
on the cover!)

But... I was doing so well, coping, distracting myself... and now I WANT
THE BOOK more than ever. *sigh*

Gwynne