[LMB] Arrgh scenes

Eric Oppen technomad at intergate.com
Thu Apr 5 00:25:18 BST 2012

Quoting Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com>:

>> From: Eric Oppen technomad at intergate.com
>

>> "ERIC!  What are you DOING with those...those WOMEN?  And that walrus
>> costume?  And those cavalry boots?  And that 'Kaiser Bill' helmet?
>> And that whipped cream?  Get DOWN from that chandelier this
>> minute...it's not made for..."
>>
>> *CRASH!*
>>
>> "...being swung from.  Oh, boy, this is one the insurance boys aren't
>> ever going to top!"
>>
>> Seriously, even finding me in bed with one woman doing nothing that
>> missionaries would disapprove of would have made her go absolutely
>> ballistic.  And I don't understand why.
>>

> Well of COURSE she'd be worried - do you have any idea what all
> that whipped cream could do to your cholesterol count?

Funny thing---even though I have a fairly bad weight problem (it's
gotten worse the past few years; I suspect I may have developed
insulin resistance) my cholesterol count is quite low.  When I was at
the doctor's down in Marshalltown, she drew some blood and sent it
off, gloating about how she'd be able to scold me when the results
came in.  All it said was that my blood sugar was a little higher than
optimal, not even diabetic.

I tend to think it's a matter of genetics.