[LMB] OT: Slavery, was Barrayaran revenues

Paula Lieberman paal at gis.net
Wed Apr 11 17:51:16 BST 2012

Untrammelled free market economics time-- when slaves are inexpensive and
plentiful--as when Africa was being wholesaled depopulated  working a slave
to death, provided the income from the slave's work was much higher than the
cost of buying a slave and training  a slave, was economically viable.  When
slaves were more expensive to obtain nd train, working non-chattel people to
death--whose deaths did not terminate the investment--was more profitable...

I AM NOT SAYING -ANYTHING- ABOUT MORALITY ABOVE!  NONE of the above do i
consider "moral"!!!