[LMB] Barrayaran revenues

Paula Lieberman paal at gis.net
Thu Apr 12 14:44:05 BST 2012

There's Escobar, never seen directly. There is the viewpoint of the people
native to Komarr on Komarr, as opposed to focus on two Barrayaran nationals
in the novel Komarr.  Characters have been on Escobar, but the reader never
got to visit...  The advent of the most recently published novel, did at
least give the view of a native of the planet, which was refreshing, as one
of the viewpoint characters.

Beta's been shown twice in books that I recall, as a place which some of the
book occurred.  Had Beta been the setting book after book I'd probably get
tired of it... as a novelty seeker, I want to visit "strange new planet,
seek out new civilizations, boldly go where" I haven't been before....