[LMB] Re-reading saturation

Paula Lieberman paal at gis.net
Sun Apr 15 01:43:21 BST 2012

Summon the Keeper DOES have lots of silliness--having the protagonist, who's
in her twenties, run into a male Newfie (Newfoundlander), is VERY
silly--Newfies are to Canada and Aggies are to to the USA--the butts of
jokes, and the -willing- butts of jokes.   And especially, not only is he a
Newfe, he's -younger- than she is.

This is very, very, VERY silly.   The instant he appears on the scene,
younger than the viewpoint character, and a Newfoundlander, it was ROFLMAO
time.

Other sillinesses include the running "Feed the cat!" line  and the cat.
wanting what the protagonist eats, NOT cat food....

(Since I'm from New England and live in New England, and there is a lot of
cultural back and forth with New England and the Canadian maritime
_provinces and Quebec, there's a strong awareness of Newfie jokes and them
as part of Canadian culture, here....)