[LMB] Quote trimming

Nick Pilon npilon at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 19:34:02 BST 2012

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 11:18 AM, anmar Caver <anmar.mirza at gmail.com> wrote:
> Several posters on the list make such a hash of it that it's difficult to
> read regardless of top or bottom posting

To be fair, many e-mail clients make it as difficult as possible to do
correctly, particularly when set to produce HTML e-mails. I've used
clients where an errant backspace would confuse its quote detection
and turn a formerly nicely nested set of quotes into a garbled mess.

Despite its preference for top-posting, gmail does things mostly right
when set to plain text mode. Or at least, makes it possible to do
things mostly right with a minimum of fuss.

--
-Nick Pilon