[LMB] OT: Hat Drivers was: question for the author

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Thu Apr 19 10:17:31 BST 2012

On 19 Apr 2012, at 01:00, Kevin Kennedy wrote:
> A baseball hat would fit, or a sunshade or whatever-hat bill+strap around head. I need one too, I'm undertall myself.

Maybe one of those visors with tinted plastic would work. I do have reader/sunglasses where I can at least read signs, but I tend to forget them on my daily trips. Occasionally, with the right kind of headache and the need to get home that night, I have put on the shades to reduce the amount of glare and light direct to my eyes, but that is rare. I do find that when I'm driving in tule fog (ground fog that may top out at 100 feet or so above the car) I have to have those glasses on against the glare of the sun, or I start squinting a lot, which leads my eyes to think they should be closing, period. It's much safer with those shades.

A. Marina Fournier
SaffronRose at me.com
“If a little is great, and a lot is better, then way too much is just about right!” ― Mae West