[LMB] Goodreads spam query

Natali natali.vilic at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 21:17:34 BST 2012

On Tuesday, April 24, 2012 7:02 PM  Lois McMaster Bujold wrote:
>OK...
>
>I had signed up for Goodreads upon advice that it was good PR, not that I
>have time, energy, or attention for more of that; I just got a Nigerian
>Scam note via them, supposedly.
>
>Is there a place on Goodreads one can forward/report such abuses?  Is this
>common?  (My server's spam trap takes in dozens a week, but from more
>random places.)
>
>Ta, L.

I am on Goodreads for three years and never got either Nigerian or any
other scam note ever. However, in help pages, on
http://www.goodreads.com/help/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=spam+message&commit=Search
I found this:
"How do I report spam or spammers?
We take spam very seriously, and we do our best to stop it, but we
can't always prevent it all. We appreciate users' assistance in bringing
spam to our attention.
The best way to let us know that a review, message, comment, or other
item is spam is to flag it. If for some reason the item cannot be flagged,
you may also use the contact us page to let us know about a problematic
post or user."

I hope it works.

Natali