[LMB] Fashion Question

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Thu Apr 26 09:10:41 BST 2012

On 25 Apr 2012, at 11:40, Heather Ridolfi wrote:
> I can either run in or run out of every pair of heels I own (we think about self defense in our house.)

I'm impressed! I feel the same way about skirts--I'd better (have) been able to kick to my furthest extension while wearing them, or they were too narrow. I might still kick quite high, but with my gut in the way, I can't know that.

> he told me to try wearing heels more often.  When I started doing so, my pain started decreasing.

My podiatrist said that a bit of heel was good for you--1/2" was enough, but 1" was better, and more was not necessarily better. The clogs I wear are UGG-like, but are made in Scandinavia or Germany: there is a rise after the platform height.

> As to those horrible stilt shoe things we keep seeing in magazines? Those are fashion statements and the women who wear them are doing just that.  Making a fashion statement.  Just because you CAN wear something doesn't mean you SHOULD wear it, but that never stops anyone.

I also never saw the merit in tight, highly-pointed toes in women's shoes, either--I see the same "merit" you do in that style. I have a narrow heel, and a broad toe box.

Some women use the tottery-high heels for seduction, and they won't be wearing them very long at all.

A. Marina Fournier
SaffronRose at me.com
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” ― Martin Luther King Jr.