[LMB] OT: a typeface question

fred smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Fri Apr 27 23:30:50 BST 2012

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 01:25:59PM -0700, Meg Justus wrote:
> Why is it, even with the list coming through in plain text, do some
> messages come through in my default typeface, and some come through in a
> really ugly 14 pt. Arial?  I vastly prefer serif typefaces, my default is
> set as Garamond, and I find Arial virtually unreadable, esp. at that size.
> And I can't select and change it, either, since there's no dropdown font
> menu for plain text messages.
>
> Just curious.
>
> Megaera

Meg:

what do you see here? I'm sending this using a text-only email tool,
this one does not (and cannot be forced to) generate HTML email, so
on my screen it's a default mono-spaced font--courier or something
like that.

My belief is that when God created email, it was His Intention for it
to be plain text! :)