[LMB] OT: Transport

Paula Lieberman paal at gis.net
Sat Aug 4 00:19:06 BST 2012

Even the Big Box stores are downsizing these days--Best Buy's shrinking its
store sizes where it's not shutting them down, Wal)Mart is working on
smaller stores....  there is a LOT of stuff which used to be carried in
local stores, which is now available more conveniently in terms of FINDING
it, and generally less expensively, ordering on the Internet.  The SAME BOOK
can cost half ordered on bn.com versus finding a copy in a brick and mortar
B&N and buying it in the store!  (Example, from me checking on it last week,
a craft book which I partially have destroyed my copy of and want to replace
with a non-destroyed copy....  the book on bn.com was something like $11.89,
but at least $19.95for the copy  in the Burlington store.