[LMB] Nations and Languages

Natali natali.vilic at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 22:56:46 GMT 2012

On Monday, December 03, 2012 10:45 PM Meg Justus wrote:
*snip
>I guess that's got more to do with the fact that all non-Native Americans
>in the U.S. originally came from somewhere else, instead of getting swept
>up in situ from one of a conglomeration of nations into a country.

It could be.
Europeans are becoming experts on nationality, and nationalism
issues lately, with ridiculously small areas screaming for autonomy
on basis of ethnicity, riots and wars breaking out for this - together with
EU assimilating every and each country in the region, we at the same
time have ever smaller and smaller countries for EU to assimilate.
Perhaps just because.

>I'd never thought of it that way before.  Thanks, Natali.
>
>Megaera
>putting this thread in the top ten list of "why I've hung around here for
>so long"

I envy you for that. But in a nice way :)

Natali