[LMB] What about Gregor?

Tel teldreaming at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 20:05:31 GMT 2012

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 10:25 AM, Eric Oppen <technomad at intergate.com> wrote:
\> Another question about Ivan-and-the-female-servants:

> Who's to say that they're trembling teenage virgins?  I'd rather imagine
> that Cordelia would have a preference for older women, in their late 20s on
> up, even if only because such women would have more skills and more
> savoir-faire to deal with the domestic lunacy. *pausing to picture a naive
> young teenager confronted with Miles' antics*  A young widow might well like
> the idea of a handsome, high-class boy-toy as a perq of her job.

Well, Cordelia calls them "girls", and starts muttering about birth
control at 12 (which makes me wonder if the issue is that someone's
pregnant).

> And...I know this is going to shock you; if any of you want to go get some
> smelling salts, this is the time to do so...there are such things as women
> who're as up for some for-fun, non-commitment-related s*x as any guy.
>  Particularly if their partner isn't someone who's going to start haunting
> their lives, expecting more than they wanted to give.

Ivan is a teenager. The servants are the people who have to pick up
his dirty underwear, change his sheets, clean his bathroom, and so on.
He will retain very little residual glamour to them, they're
guaranteed to run into him in the future, and they can't avoid him
even if they want to. And they likely have to smile the whole time and
maintain Lady Alys's vision of a perfect Vor household.

I'm sure they'd prefer to save the no-strings-attached sex for
somewhere they don't have to do the laundry after.

(seriously - sex with maids? not a fantasy -of- maids, for the most part)

-Tel