[LMB] OT: Posted without comment

Margaret Dean margdean56 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 21:09:14 GMT 2012

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 9:17 AM, Jeff Shultz <jeffshultz at gmail.com> wrote:

> So-called helicopter parents first made headlines on college campuses a few
> years ago, when they began trying to direct everything from their
> children's course schedules to which roommate they were assigned.

I remember attending the orientation session at my elder son's college
(this would be about 4 1/2 years ago) and them basically telling us,
"Your kid, at 18, is legally an adult now, and therefore you no longer
have the authority to request medical information, etc.  Deal."

I personally didn't have a problem with that (neither I nor my
then-husband exactly qualify as helicopter parents), but...

--Margaret Dean
  <margdean56 at gmail.com>