[LMB] On Vormoncrief

H. Torrance Griffin htgriffin at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 9 17:01:03 GMT 2012

I wonder what the odds are that said twit ever obtained a clue.  Or is he doing laundry in Camp Permafrost wondering if the Emperor will ever here of the injustices caused by his corrupt servants.

 From: Kevin Kennedy <kevink45 at hotmail.com>
Subject: [LMB] Belated thought about about Ivan

Now that the discussion about Ivan pestering the servant girls and his luck with proposals, I wonder if he's much worse than the general run of Barrayaran males. Specifically Alexei Vormoncrief. He doesn't even need a servant/employer power inbalance to act the twit. He's quite willing to assume that the Vor woman he's picked out will be just overjoyed to have him-male, Vor and in the military. She'll marry him and he'll take her away from the evil capital and she never need dirty her hands grubbing in flowerbeds again. I don't think he'd ever bother to check that Ekaterine LIKES gardening, or that she loves the relatives she's living with and might not want to move too far from them. Or that her son's just getting settled after losing his father, she might not want to make him move again. etc, etc.  He'd do just as well with an inflatable VorBarbie.

If this is too late, maybe it'll pop up again, when we need something to babble about in October when we're getting really excited.