[LMB] armsmen

Peter Granzeau pgranzeau at cox.net
Mon Feb 13 20:21:32 GMT 2012

At 08:42 PM 2/12/2012, Howard Brazee wrote:

>On Feb 12, 2012, at 6:33 PM, Gwynne Powell wrote:
>
>> But he does have a choice about becoming an armsman. And they know
>> the conditions.
>
>Yes.   But they also know the conditions of living in a slum.

I would sincerely doubt any person being considered for a position as an armsman's alternative to the position is living in a slum. Many have completed 20 years of Imperial service and have a decent retirement.  Roic had been, effectively, a local cop.  Cops, to my knowledge, are not constrained to living in slum conditions.  While possibly not every person who is recruited for the position of armsman may accept the position, surely it is considered an honor to be considered?

--
Regards, Pete
pgranzeau at cox.net