[LMB] OT: Audio books

Nancy L. Barber nlbarber at mac.com
Mon Feb 20 15:44:51 GMT 2012

At 10:20 PM -0800 2/19/12, Meg Justus wrote:
>What I'd like is to be able to figure out how to find a pair of
>comfortable headphones without having to buy and try multiple pairs.
>I have not had any luck so far, and I don't want to waste any more
>money on phones/buds that either won't stay in my ears or hurt them.

Don't know if this might work for you or not, but I've been using my
"SleepPhones" (http://www.sleepphones.com/ ) for a lot more than
sleep.  These are a soft headband with flat disk headphones sewn in.
I bought them to use on a vacation when I was sharing a room and
wanted to have my audiobook read me to sleep, but now they have
proved to be easy to carry around with me, great for airplane travel,
and generally all-round useful.

I've never found a comfortable set of earbuds, and had been using a
pair of foldable Sennheiser headphones that are about the size of a
eyeglass case when stored. Those were fine in terms of comfort, but
were harder to get out and store and bulkier to carry around.

I'm not an audiophile and can't give a comparative sound quality
rating for the SleepPhones, but OTOH I'm mostly listening to
audiobooks--not very demanding of dynamic range.

     Nancy