[LMB] OT: Sexual Dimorphism in SF movies

Rachel anglerfish at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 13:18:07 GMT 2012

> >> From: Eric Oppen
> > Snips
> >> If I wanted to make a movie that appealed to a female audience, here's
> >> what I'd do:
> >>
> >> Get Jason (Lucius Malfoy) Isaacs, Alan Rickman,  David Tennant, Daniel
> >> Radcliffe, Robert (Cedric Diggory/Edward Cullen), and Johnny Depp
> >> together...and have them starring in a movie version of the _Carson of
> >> Venus_ books.
> >>
> >> IIRC, Venus is hot and sticky, and only the minimum of clothing needed
> >> to stay decent is worn.
> >>
> >> I'd have sold-out houses, and 90% or better female audiences.

This is such a bizarre list of men. I think my attraction to men tends to
be pretty intellectual--even so, I thought I had a decent eye for
male aesthetics. But if these are considered the hot men of Hollywood right
now, then I have no idea what other women want.

That photo of Neville having grown up to be the cutest Potter boy is here:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/robinl6/that-awkward-moment-when-neville-becomes-the-hotte-4z8v

I also think it's pretty funny that there's an internet meme in which girls
fantasize about Ryan Gosling being smart. For example:
http://biostatisticsryangosling.tumblr.com/ or
http://literaryangosling.tumblr.com/