[LMB] SP: comments on CVA

Damien Sullivan phoenix at ugcs.caltech.edu
Tue Jul 10 03:01:15 BST 2012

On Thu, Jul 05, 2012 at 01:46:29PM -0700, Elizabeth Holden wrote:

> ?

> After all the horrific bad press we have seen about Jackson's Whole,
> it was wonderful to see a group of more-or-less good Jacksonians. ?I
> don't particularly like the Jacksonian lifestyles, but it was nice to
> see that they aren't all corrupt or exploitative - well, depending on
> how you define 'exploitative'. ?Opportunistic, but not abusive... and
> I liked the sense that a businessman's word was his bond.

"Good"?  They seem pretty clearly to be ruthless, even killers.  They
love their family, but that's not inconsistent with being basically evil
to everyone else in the universe.  Not as wastefully evil as Ryoval, but
then most aren't.  Udine was mind-controlling half her children to serve
the other half, until she stopped.

-xx- Damien X-)