[LMB] SP: comments on CVA

Aruvqan aruvqan at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 04:08:11 BST 2012

On 7/9/2012 1:31 PM, Casimira Walker-Smith wrote:

?

> She's more than an invader. She's a war criminal. She was a Cetagandan haut
> who was, at the very least, 'acquiring' samples of Barrayan DNA without
> consent. The bunker-- which would not be treasure trove, at least under
> British law, because almost everything in it almost certainly has an owner
> who could be located with relative ease-- horrified me. 'Wonderful things'.
> Yes, and none of them should have gained any profit from them. All Ivan did
> was save his great-grandfather's letter, his nochalance horrified me a
> little.
>
> As Miles would say "There should be trials for looting and war crimes over
> this."
Someone upstream mentioned about the box of knives and how they were
gotten. If you remember there were an even 60 knives, yet Miles has his
family knife ... hmmm.

And I look upon them the same way that we looked upon and got the
japanese swords during the surrenders at the end of WW2. There are
bunches of them in several military museums I have been to.

I do not think there was any official tampering with the Barrayaran
genetics, just some impromptu interbreeding. The genetic sampling was
probably done on battlefield dead and PoWs, with some minor sampling in
medical clinics. I would be willing to bet that Granny destroying the
samples in front of the bidders really pissed them off. But then again,
she was pissed off at being dropped from the haut.