[LMB] SP: That Other Planet

Elizabeth Holden azurite at rogers.com
Wed Jul 11 16:19:27 BST 2012

Louann:

> It was me speculating that Shiv and his wife are quite likely to have clone bodies going
> through the production line for themselves because, why not? From the standpoint of a
>  Jacksonian Baron and Baronne, what's the reason not to?

We don't know. I'm willing to assume that this was only a Baron Ryoval anomaly; but if others see it as a good idea, there's no Jackson's Whole law, custom or morality to prevent them.

On the other hand, I'm ready to give them the benefit of the doubt, not because of any information we have from them, but because of the tone of the book.

> Maybe that's the reason the eldest son decided to try a coup?

I was assuming it was greed, but who knows?

namaste,
Elizabeth

Lois-Bujold mailing list message sent to azurite at rogers.com
Lois-Bujold at lists.herald.co.uk