[LMB] Copyright was:Clandestine Classics

Paula Lieberman paal at gis.net
Fri Jul 20 13:00:29 BST 2012

At Readercon someone on a panel said Dean R. Koontz bought back the rights
from publishers for all his old SF novels to keep them from being reprinted
and to make sure they stay out of print, because they're not what he's
become the highly successful writer he became when he changed to writing
suspense from SF....   That is, there are works -today- which have ceased
being available, because the authors decided to block any further
distribution of them, by buying back publications rights which the author
had previously licensed out...