[LMB] SP: What would Miles have done?

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 27 05:43:31 BST 2012

Some more thoughts....

> Gwynne asked:
>
> > The police and Immigration officials are pounding on the door.
> > The Admiral is roaring on the Com. Rish and Tej are heading for
> > the balcony.
>
> > So... what would Miles have done?

Ok, here's another...

Ivan gets the others to tie him up. And then they hide themselves in the
cupboards out of sight. Ivan waits till the authorities break in, then starts
 with the obvious line...

"Thank God You're Here!"

(Which is always a good way to start when people are ready to attack you.)
Like Miles reversing the kidnap scenario, Ivan greets his 'rescuers', and explains
that Tej and her maid talked their way into his flat, he thought he was rescuing
a maiden in distress. Then overnight they tied him up, robbed him and decamped.
He'd managed to hobble/hop to the door panel to answer their call, but he was
somewhat embarrassed to be found like that, and was trying to get himself free,
which is why he didn't tell them so straight away.

But they haven't been gone long, you can catch them if you hurry... Don't let me keep you...

Ok, that one's worth a try.

Or...
(I love this one)

Ivan and By strip off (*sigh*), the girls hide. Then Ivan answers the door,
very VERY High Vor and impatient at having his special, private moment
with a friend interrupted. By, after glaring at the interruption, heads for the
 bedroom to dress, blocking the cupboard where the girls are hiding.

Meanwhile the officials are dealing with a naked, and angry, Ivan. (*sigh*
again.) The immigration officials can't find anyone to take, so they leave.
Then Ivan pulls rank on the police by calling on the Admiral or ImpSec for
help.

Gwynne