[LMB] ??[ OT:] Okra, etc

Aruvqan aruvqan at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 05:22:39 BST 2012

On 7/29/2012 5:37 PM, John Cowan wrote:
> Aruvqan scripsit:
>
>> And I checked the link to your minimalist page ... hm,
>> retrocomputing museum. Want a mid70s Sperry Univac 1616 Snap II
>> ballistics computer? Came off a Sturgeon class sub =)
> Thanks, but the RM is basically modern implementations of old software,
> which includes *emulations* of old hardware.  Old hardware itself
> should go to someone equipped to conserve it.
>
> But thanks.  If you can scan the manuals, I'd like to see them.

No manuals, we got it as is. We were considering using it to prank a
computer museum. We were going to crate it up, and include a memo with
the sender accidentally torn off, and an artistic coffee ring or
something of the sort, and drop it off on their loading dock without any
other paperwork =) Alternately we have considered gutting it and
replacing it with a server, hooking up some sort of blinkenlightzen and
using it as decoration and file serving. Though I suppose we could use
it to calculate missile launches on cities around the world.