[LMB] Birthdays

Jim Parish jparish at siue.edu
Mon Jul 30 20:17:11 BST 2012

[The stout fellow emerges, bearing two pouches. Three sprites circle
overhead.]

Today, as the month of July winds down, we have two final birthdays to
celebrate.

Jeff Shultz is a relative newcomer to the list, but has made his
presence felt in a variety of areas; he's made sixty-five posts (and
counting) this month alone! Jeff, may your Nth birthday be a blessed one
in all available ways, and may the year to come bring you and yours
peace and joy!

[He tosses a pouch to a sprite, which speeds on its way.]

Franz Tomasek has been with the list for a long time, and though he has
not posted much of late, we have not forgotten him. South Africa is a
long way away, though, so we'll need a relay for this one.

[He tosses up another pouch, which is caught by one of the sprites; it
and the other remaining sprite tussle briefly over the pouch, until the
victor breaks away. The other darts in pursuit.]

Franz, may your day likewise have been to your liking, and the year to
come as well!

Happy birthday, Jeff and Franz!