[LMB] OT: Hunger Games - the Movie

Agnes Charrel-Berthillier agnes at charrel.net
Sat Mar 24 07:18:49 GMT 2012

On 3/23/12 4:38 PM, Ana A wrote:

> Yeah, maybe I'm at this stage now - I've tried it book
> first/film second for so long and all it does is wind me up so I
> think I will try it the other way around.  Maybe.  I'm so contrary
> :p

I have tried for a long time to figure out why I was able to enjoy
Coppola's questionable Dracula and then read Stocker's original with
pleasure, while reading Dracula first would have left me foaming at the
mouth in the theater.

The fact that I don't really visualize what I read makes that really
strong preference especially peculiar -- the problem is *not* that the
visuals of the movie clash with the ones in my head.

I don't get it. But doing movie first works for me. Try it ;)

Agnes