[LMB] Trade vs Mass Market

Paula Lieberman paal at gis.net
Tue Nov 20 04:48:06 GMT 2012

I HATE that format.  It’s called “prestige paperback.”  Michelle Sagara who still works at Bakka Books, has said that customer uniformly all hate it.

I read somewhere than some men like it, I imagine because they have large hands.  The damned things –torque- over in my hands, because I have SMALL hands and holding the things is unpleasant and unbalanced.  The type is NOT larger, the space between the lines is larger!  The publishers price the stinking things two or three dollars more than mass market paperbacks.

I hate the things.