[LMB] Horse riding stuff Re: For the Heyer appreciators

quietann quietann at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 19:29:42 GMT 2012

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 9:16 AM, aruvqan <aruvqan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/26/2012 12:37 PM, quietann wrote:
>>

> I would do cavailettis barebacked, or unstirupped, I learned to do them on
> longue originally. Walk then trot with the cavalettis being raised. They are
> mainly a training to get the horse to tuck up but they are great for seat
> stability training for young riders.
>
> Sweet Jebus, the *hours* I did nothing but boring training exercises ...
> though it made the ending trail rides a nice reward.

I actually do stirrup-less work and am getting back to bareback again
since the mare is so comfy :)

As a middle-aged "re-rider" who's recently decided that competition is
not my thing, I will no longer do hours of anything boring with my
horse.  The horse and I are both much happier for it.  I did purchase
her to show originally, but she is not terribly sound, and shows are
expensive.  I showed a lot this year and didn't enjoy myself enough to
continue.

Ann
quietann at gmail.com

aka "The Accidental Jewess"