[LMB] OT: Ordination of Beatrice Otter

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Fri Oct 19 06:10:31 BST 2012

On 18 Oct 2012, at 09:45, beatrice_otter at haugensgalleri.com wrote:
> I have received a call (job) as a pastor, to a parish in North Dakota.

Always a good thing, freshly out of seminary. To be called so soon after ordination is no small thing.

> My ordination will be Saturday, October 27th at 2:00 at St. Mark Lutheran
> Church in Salem, Oregon.  Anybody who happens to be in Oregon is welcome
> to attend, though fair warning: ordinations tend to be long, an hour and a
> half to two hours.

I was reared Catholic. I remember services that long, in my youth. I've been to Wiccan rituals that lasted (unnecessarily) that long. Alas, trip to Oregon not in the schedule or budget.

I am so happy for you! Congratulations on your achievements. May your parish truly appreciate you and benefit from your presence, mind, and spirit.

A. Marina Fournier
SaffronRose at me.com
“Dancing is a vertical expression of a horizontal desire” ― Robert Frost