[LMB] ot: Claudius

Aruvqan aruvqan at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 09:22:38 GMT 2012

On 10/26/2012 1:51 PM, Eric Oppen wrote:

> I honestly don't know.  But she did NOT like the way most of Claudius'
> family treated him, not one little bit she didn't.

I love the book and the series ... and have read and watched them
numerous times.

There is a good website to reference while reading/watching it ... let
me hit google really quickly for the URL.

http://www.anselm.edu/internet/classics/i,claudius/information.html

Really interesting.

Of course, the period sources we do have have got to be pretty suspect -
people were pretty heavily censored back then when it came to discussing
the  Imperials, the usual happened. Glorifying the current ones and
vilifying the previous ones. There is actually some suspicion about how
accurate the whole Messalina sex contest report was.

--
__
musings of an insomniac - Cracked Pots and Psycho Investigators at http://aruvqan.wordpress.com/