[LMB] OT:free spirit, wanderer, wild woods man, often former military man

Elizabeth Stowe estowe427 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 17:16:46 BST 2013

> Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Can you explain why they work
> for huge companies or consortiums?
>
> Thanks,
> Elizabeth

Megaera: I know what you're talking about.  In a word, money.  They
don't care about
the benefits, etc., because they're young and think they're immortal.
But
if the money's good, they'll be there.

Especially during a recession when there's no money to be had
elsewhere as
has been the case with the North Dakota oil boom.

Megaera
who was in that part of North Dakota last summer -- admittedly I
didn't have
anything to with the oil industry while I was there, but watching the
local
news on my motel room TVs was quite the eye-opener

es: Thank you, Megaera. I've seen these guys from Alaska on south and
east, and you're right.
I'm so glad the Dendarii Mercenaries had the sense to require a
benefits package.