[LMB] OT: sleeping

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Thu Apr 18 19:25:07 BST 2013

On Apr 18, 2013, at 12:16 PM, Meg Justus <mmegaera at nwlink.com> wrote:

> Sue:
>> My choices in OTC cold symptom relief products is seriously limited because
>> pseudoephedrine's effects - blood pressure up, racing heartbeat, total sleeplessness... eep!
>
> You, too?  What this world needs is a good, strong, *sleep-neutral* decongestant.  Non-drowsy means "wide awake all night" to me.  If I wanted something to keep me awake, I'd drink caffeine.
>
> Megaera
> who strongly resents the very concept of something that's supposed to unstop your nose doing *anything* to something so totally unrelated as sleeping

My wife is now using an air-mask designed for sleep apnia.   It works, maybe primarily because she woke up almost nightly with acid reflux, and this keeps that shut.

I'm the type of person who will occasionally toss and turn for 5-6 minutes.    And even with prostrate troubles, don't wake up to urinate in the night.